We find what seems to be ideal Therapeutic Community/InPatient Long Term Complex Needs unit, they think I’m a perfect fit for them. We find out there would be a gap between current placement & there..a solution is found. Then logistics entirely unrelated to me make it impossible.
This is already after overcoming barriers (for myself & team) including:
– having to stop fighting being inpatient
– having to stop fighting being *long term* inpatient
– having to stop fighting against out of area placement
– having to stop fighting *really far* OOA placement
– committing to really really intensive therapy programmes (like a 9-5 job…but therapy)
– committing to *very* restrictive environments (e.g. not allowed blu-tac)
– accepting that the next stage of ‘recovery’ is going to take as long as these programmes (years) before moving on
We’ve all – professionals included – been to hell and back these last few weeks, since the placement providers here have seriously failed their duty of care by allowing for no transition/assessment period or arrangement of alternative treatment before closing. Now it seems that the world is just coming back to make sure it has destroyed every last string of hope and ounce of strength, depleting what seemed like had already been stripped bare, day after day, hour upon hour, filled with more hurdles and bad news.